Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 21, 22, 23



Day 21- Altar, Shrine or Sacred Space

We don't have a specific space designated. We have framed pictures and his album placed around the house. His memory stone has a place in the butterfly garden. I keep everything that was his and all the cards we received in keepsake boxes in our room. I wear my necklace as a way to carry him with us wherever we're going. I want him to be everywhere.


Day 22- Caregivers


 
Dr. Mark McTammany, Kim, Susan, Lori and Norma. My nurse, Kim
 was out sick the day I went to take the picture. :(




I started going to Dr. McTammany at the beginning of my pregnancy with Joshua. My sister, Jocelyn,  has gone to him as a patient for years and worked with him at the hospital and my good friend, Kim, works in his office. I've learned from experience that you don't find out how good your doctor and his staff are when things are going well. How do they treat you and handle the situation when things are hard? I can say through the whole experience and some other very difficult times in the last few months, they have been wonderful. Doctor appointments were hard for me. We knew Joshua wasn't staying with us, but I was as pregnant as any other woman there, so monthly visits, gestational diabetes screens etc. were still necessary. I cried at every appointment. My friend, Kim,  would let me sit in her office and cry my eyes out until I thought I compose myself enough to walk back out through the waiting room.  My nurse, the other Kim, :) looked hard for a cute band aid on one of my low days in an effort to make me smile.  Sometimes I needed honesty and sometimes a laugh. Dr. McTammany never missed an appropriate opportunity to provide both, and I appreciate him for it. They have always been professional, but I know by their words and deeds they have always cared.  Love them!


Day 23- Your Baby's Name and Picture


Joshua Henry Eley
September 3rd to 4th, 2011
 
 
In this picture, he was laying on Nathan's lap having a little conversation with daddy  just about an hour before he left us.

2 comments:

  1. That's my favorite picture of him!!! I just want to kiss his sweet cheeks! I love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful boy! This picture takes my breath away...

    ReplyDelete