Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 15 - Wave of Light

I took a needed hiatus this last week to travel to Indiana and celebrate the life of my grandpa, Bill Wendt. It was a sad occassion, but we had a very sweet time being with family, some of whom we hadn't seen in years. The Indiana cornfields and my grandparents house brought back a flood of warm memories of my grandpa, and the always positive influence he had on my life.
 
We came back from Indiana with another wonderful gift from my grandparents, a new memorial stone for Joshua. It's from an artists colony in  southern Indiana, and it took several months and a couple trips to the stonecutters by my mom and my Aunt Susan. Finally, it's found a spot in our backyard butterfly garden just in time for the Wave of Light. In honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month, people all around the country and world lit candles from 7 pm to 8 pm last night, October 15.
 
 
 
The girls helped me place and light the candles. There were 25 tiny glowing wicks representing the 21 hours we had with Joshua, and in rememberence of the four precious babies our family has lost to miscarriage.  My thoughts and prayers were and are with all the other mommies and families honoring the lives of their little ones, breaking the silence on this very painful subject and bringing healing to hearts.
 
I've missed writing these last couple of weeks. I hope to go back and select a few topics that I absolutely don't want to skip over and get back on track.  Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment